Each type of cargo has to be handled in a specific way. Solix Engineering™ is an expert in advice and guidance for cargo handling of all types.
We perform surveys of bulk, break bulk, containerized, liquid or frozen cargoes that were transported by means of sea going vessels. We inspect damages sustained by cargo and evaluate salvage values, if applicable.
We also perform Distressed Cargo surveys, evaluating its condition, estimating salvage values, if any, and consulting on waste management, if to be disposed, arranging and administrating on packaging, labelling, collection, transportation and final disposal.
As certified Dangerous Goods Safety Advisers (DGSA), we also undertake aforementioned surveys, related to Dangerous Goods, as per relevant instruments (ADR, RID, IMDG, ICAO).
Our services in Cargo Handling include:
- Investigations into cause and extent of cargo claim / loss
- Investigation into quality, quantity and condition disputes
- Investigations into the nature, extent and cause of damage
- Advice on transport and storage requirements
- Advice on liquefaction of cargoes
- Ship inspections for condition and suitability.
- Ultrasonic hatch cover testing
- Risk assessments
- Loss prevention advice
- Research programs to turn around damage trends
- Supervision and advice on sampling, testing and analyses
- Advice on tank cleaning and inspection
- Advice on tank coating and corrosion issues
- Supervising operations (ship to shore / ship to ship)
- Expert witness
- Fire and explosion investigation
- Advice on spills and clean-up
- Bunker quality disputes